Exams that allow pupils to display what they know rather than what they don’t.
2019 IGCSE Results
● 14 Year 11 pupils sat IGCSE’s & GCSE’s this Summer
● 41% of all results were 9-8 (or A*)
● 63% of all results were awarded 9-7 (or A*-A)
● 80% of all results were awarded 9-6 (or A*-B)
● 93% of pupils obtained at least five 9-5 (A*-C) grades including English and Maths.
● 62% of all grades were above what standardised tests predicted to be ‘most likely’ – demonstrating that Heritage helps pupils exceed expectations.
● 2 pupils received 9 or more 9-8 (or A*) grades.
● 9 pupils were awarded at least one 9.
● All pupils achieved the grades they need to progress to their preferred post-16 school or college. Destinations include Hills Road Sixth Form College, Comberton Sixth Form, The Perse School, The Stephen Perse Foundation, and Cambridge Regional College.
2018 IGCSE Results
2017 IGCSE Results
2016 IGCSE Results
Heritage pupils from Year 2 and up have internal examinations twice per year in each subject. We approach our exams in a low pressure, straightforward manner. From Year 2 to Year 6 ‘exams’ take place during the normal time allocated for that subject during that week. We actively discourage revision, except for rote learning of e.g. their poem for that half-term, French vocabulary or Geography facts. In the Senior School revision is emphasized, particularly as pupils approach Year 11.
A special feature of exams in Years 2-4 is that most exams are conducted orally, with a scribe taking down each child’s answer. Parents often volunteer to support this. Pupils are excited to tell all they know about a topic and can often impress by their thorough recall of topics studied several weeks earlier. By Year 5 pupils generally have the writing skills to express what they know independently. Exam answers for all pupils are sent home to parents as part of the Exam Report. Generally, our exams emphasise open-ended questions that allow pupils to display what they know rather than what they don’t.
We make use of standardised assessments as part of our exam cycle so we can understand how our students are performing against national standards.
The unique culture surrounding our internal examinations prepares pupils well for their IGCSE exams at the end of Year 11.
Tel: 01223 350615